ihc message

Subject: OMG, IBM & Healthcare Domain

Title: Message

Ken.Rubin@med.va.gov; servicesbof@lists.hl7.org;

healthcare@omg.org

servicesbof@lists.hl7.org; healthcare@omg.org

Ken,

Attached is the commitment letter from IBM. I am sorry it got

delayed a bit.

Regards

Virinder Mohan Batra

Manager, Healthcare Solutions Development

IBM Healthcare & Life Sciences

Internet Address : batra@us.ibm.com

Lotus Notes Address: Virinder Batra/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

Home Office: (919)967-0716 Tie Line 223-8377

Office: (919)486-1764 Tie Line 526-1764

FAX: (919)932-6682

LifeSciences: http://www.ibm.com/lifesciences

Healthcare: http://www.ibm.com/industries/healthcare

# # # #

Jill Kaufman [SMTP:jillkauf@us.ibm.com]

Ken.Rubin@med.va.gov; servicesbof@lists.hl7.org;

healthcare@omg.org

Commitment Memorandum

To: Whom It May Concern

Re: Healthcare Services Architecture Standards Project

Date: December 15, 2004

Dear Sir or Madam:

IBM is pleased to announce our commitment to the Healthcare

Services Architecture standardization effort occurring in

both Health Level Seven and the Object Management Group.

Having read the HL7 Services Specification Project Charter,

the organization I represent is supportive of its objectives

and intends to participate in the development and evolution

of open standards in this space. In this light, IBM will be

making the following resources available to further this

objective.

We are members of HL7 and OMG and will be working within

those venues on this activity. In particular, we expect the

following individual to be participating. Their names and

contact information follow:

Anticipated Name Role/Title/Expertise E-

Mail Phone

Participation

Virinder Batra Manager, Healthcare Solutions Development

IBM

Healthcare and Life Sciences batra@us.ibm.com

(919)967-0716

Batra will be IBM's technical lead for this effort.

In addition, in support of this work IBM will be glad to host

some conference calls and host a meeting at an IBM site in

USA to be determined.

IBM , recognizing the importance of this activity, is excited

to be taking a leadership role in this effort.

Warmest regards,

Jill H. Kaufman, Ph.D.

Program Director, Healthcare and Life Sciences Standards

IBM

jillkauf@us.ibm.com

201-447-0227, t/267-9940