ihc message

Subject: OMG 's Standards in Healthcare

From:  Nicole Glazen Rikkinen [SMTP:nicole@omg.org]
To:  nicole@omg.org

Subject:  Invitation to Participate! OMG 's Standards in Healthcare, Thursday,
February 3, 2005
Sent:  1/6/05 10:12 AM

You are Invited!

The OMG's Healthcare Domain Task Force will meet on Thursday, February 3,
2005 in Burlingame California as part of OMG's Technical Meeting.  For
information on the Technical Meeting and registration for the Healthcare
Special Event, please see:
http://www.omg.org/registration/registration-info.htm.

We encourage you to join us as we identify our project plan, define how the
OMG Healthcare DTF will interact with HL7 and learn how this collaboration
will benefit the healthcare industry.  We will review HL7's 2005 project
plan, identify a short list of services from the HL7 meeting, review the EHR
functional model and define candidate services for the OMG's Healthcare Task
Force.  Further, the group will embark upon an RFP Mock-Up Exercise/Workshop
as we prototype the process and identify our next steps.

Whether a member of OMG, HL7 or a prospective participant, we encourage your
attendance and voice. Thank you in advance, we look forward to a productive
and important event and hope you will join us.

Thursday, February 3, 2005
Registration: $150

0900 - 0915             Welcome and Opening Remarks
                        David Harrington, CTO, MedicAlert, Chair, OMG HDTF
                        Richard Soley, CEO, Object Management Group

0915 - 1015             How will OMG interact with the HL7 Process?
                        Ken Rubin, Health Information Architect, Veterans
Health Administration

1015 - 1045             OMG's MDA in the Healthcare DTF
                        Jon Siegel, VP Technology Transfer, Object Management
Group

1045 - 1100             BREAK

1030 - 1200             Project Planning
                        Alan Honey, Enterprise Architect, Kaiser Permanente
                        Lenel James, Project Manager, BCBS

1200- 1300              LUNCH

1300 - 1400             Project Planning Continued
                        Ken Rubin, Health Information Architect, Veterans
Health Administration

1400 - 1415             BREAK

1415 - 1545             RFP Mock-Up Exercise/Workshop:  Prototyping the process

1545 - 1630             Mobilization:  What are our Next Steps?
                        David Harrington, CTO, MedicAlert

For registration, please see:
http://www.omg.org/registration/registration.htm

Sincerely,