ihc message

Subject: Re: Medical Banking Project PoC

Hello to all -
This is an unofficial notification to all of a new, cross-industry Proof
of Concept, directed at the healthcare challenges we currently face as a
nation. I am sending this out in response to a large number of requests
for information.

There will be official notification and press releases sent from the
Medical Banking Project and the OASIS ebSOA group a bit later, after
some housekeeping items are taken care of.

The PoC will take the form of a shared, public, long-running (or
always-on) business process, hosted on a trusted third party, protected
network. Electronic Health Records, as the basis of the system, will be
   hosted as bank accounts are hosted, with transactional messaging
based on open standards between all participants. Pub/Sub and
private/public process integration will be accomplished via open
standards. Nearly the entire software architecture will be open source,
with the exception of XML Firewalls.

Major employers are expressing interest in funding and participating in
this effort, as they will be the recipients of improvements, including:
  increased access to care, more timely and accurate information
regarding health history and current conditions, real-time e-prescribing
and pharmaceutical interaction analytics, preventive intervention care
portals and eventually, improved health individually and as a community
for the employees. The result, after deployment, will be dramatically
lowered costs for all concerned.

OASIS and WS-I specs, including BPSS 2.0 will be used. My understanding
of BPSS 2.0 is that the model is very robust, and capable of the
somewhat complex decision trees, forks and long-running-transaction
characteristics we have targeted.

Please be aware that we are in the process of creating a formal Proof of
Concept - that it will be a combined effort with a large number of
parties, and that the Medical Banking Project will be the primary
organizational location for the activity. John Casillas (Exec. Dir at
http://www.mbproject.org) has been articulating his vision, and putting
his considerable energy behind these ideas for more than a decade. He
has now gathered a "political power center" that has the attention and
intention of dozens of significant participants across the entire
problem domain.

The model created by MBProject, specifically of enabling better access
to care through organized charitable donations, and movement of digital
cost savings into mechanisms to assist under/un-insured, is destined to
change the face of medical coverage forever.

David Webber, Tom Dean (CEO at http://wwwCriticaltech.com) and myself
are putting our "technology power centers" to work in conjunction with
MBProject, to bring large-scale SOA concepts to the healthcare industry.

Please also keep in mind that one of the hallmarks of this effort is the
requirement for interoperability, due to the wide cross-section of
industries involved. We will be constructing a backbone that is capable
of output/input in multiple BOD formats, and capable of calling private
business processes that are based on eprXML, BPEL, BPML or other, and we
may find it necessary to use a combination of any.

This will be a comprehensive proof of interoperability that will involve
every participant role that participate in the healthcare processes, as
we have currently identified them. We have interested parties, at least
one of every participant type, that we are securing commitment from
regarding their intention and capability to participate.

Persons and groups interested in participating should send notification
to john@crossconnections.ws and johnc@mbproject.org (both please). You
should be prepared to participate in periodic conference calls and input
into the construction of the open standards shared process. If there are
web services available (ebXML or WS-I based) to connect to the shared
process, please also indicate that in the email.

All participants and interested parties are encouraged to join the
Medical Banking Project. The fee is nominal, the members are significant
and the rewards are great, in more ways than one. For information,
contact John Casillas at johnc@mbproject.org or
http://www.mbproject.org/services-portal.php

I will be keeping a constant information channel running through the IHC
and ebSOA groups, along with an RSS feed from the
http://www.crossconnections.ws website.

Best regards to all.
john

~~~~~~~~~
john c hardin
CIO - crossconnections.ws
313.930.5323 cell
mailto:john@crossconnections.ws

"The new electronic interdependence recreates the world in the image of
a global village."

     Marshall McLuhan, "Gutenberg Galaxy", 1962