ihc message

Subject: News Article: HHS to incorporate standards

Title: News Article: HHS to incorporate standards
Hi folks,

I found this article interesting. Imagine you will, too.

http://www.fcw.com/article89122-06-07-05-Web

I think we need to ask some questions about harmonizing international standards before this gets locked up in a US-centric box with a not-invented-here-not-welcome label on it. The NIST connection would mitigate against it, but I sense a juggernaut of sorts getting going here. This is awfully soon after the RFI last year and with the egov TC in hiatus for so long and the EU going through its trials and tribulations, there is a welcoming void for vendor dominated standards.

Ciao,
Rex
--
Rex Brooks