ihc message

Subject: FW: 01/27/06 - HITSP Update from John D. Halamka MD

Hi all,

Is anyone interested in working on any of these technical committees?

Brett

From: Michelle Maas Deane [mailto:mmaasdeane@ANSI.ORG]
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 4:39 PM
To: HITSP@MAILLIST.ANSI.ORG
Subject: 01/27/06 - HITSP Update from John D. Halamka MD

Folks:

Here's this week's HITSP update.

1.  We received very positive feedback from ONC that our use case submissions were of high quality and comprehensive.   Thanks to all who worked on them!

Now that the HITSP Charter has been adopted, the Charter will govern our ongoing work. The next phase of standards harmonization begins with the creation of Technical Committees, under the guidance of HITSP, to support the tasks outlined in the ONCHIT1 Statement of Work as follows:

Identify, analyze and resolve gaps and duplications within the standards
      industry, with proposed resolution strategies and timelines.

Select, test, and evaluate recommended standards to meet the relevant
        use cases.

Prototype, test, and evaluate implementation guidelines for standards, including applicability criteria and adherence tests.

In order to guide the implementation of these tasks, the following Technical Committees will be formed:

HITSP Technical Committee-Biosurveillance
HITSP Technical Committee-Consumer Empowerment
HITSP Technical Committee-Electronic Health Record

We welcome and encourage your participation in these new committees. Please review the attached Call for Participation and the Agenda for the Feb. 21-23 HITSP Technical Committees meeting for more specific information. If you are interested in participating in any of the Technical Committees, please contact Jessica Kant at jkant@himss.org by February 17.    These meetings will take place in Chicago (not Washington DC).

2.  We have chartered our "Inventory of inventories" committee to be convened by Audrey E. Dickerson RN, MS,  Manager of  Standard Initiatives for HIMSS.  The committee will gather together existing work on standards inventories from HIMSS, CHI, NIST, NAHIT, CSI etc. and suggest the best way to maintain an ongoing educational standards inventory resource to inform our harmonization efforts.    This could be a web page with pointers to all other work, a consolidation of the work to date into the NIST Standards Landscape tool or other approach.  I look forward to the product of their work!

If you have questions or concerns, please contact me at jhalamka@hms.harvard.edu

HITSP Technical Committee Agenda 022106.doc

HITSP Technical Committee Call for Participation - FINAL.doc