ihc message

Subject: RE: [ihc] CCHIT Seal of Approval Bestowed on Electronic Health Records

Fulton,

I just shared the info' - now you've drilled down into this - seems that this could be like HIPAA all over again - where the initial bar is only 1" above the ground - so most people can hop over it.  Although they did say that some participants failed!  So they must have a minimal set of base aspects they are looking for here.

Certainly would be nice to get a definitive answer on that.

The real kicker though is standard for the exchange XML - and I suspect there's several competing dialects in that corner...

DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [ihc] CCHIT Seal of Approval Bestowed on Electronic Health
Records
From: Fulton Wilcox <fulton.wilcox@coltsnecksolutions.com>
Date: Thu, July 20, 2006 2:03 pm
To: "'David RR Webber (XML)'" <david@drrw.info>,
ihc@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: egov@lists.oasis-open.org

David,

What hurdles to interoperability are therefore behind us, with respect to these "certified" systems. What hurdles remain?

I looked at what I think were the certification criteria in the lab/prescription space, and there seemed to be some requirements that had a to be developed flavor. For example, the compliance requirement to receive lab results would seem to be a "bye" until May 2007, when the certification requirement is to use Elincs 1.0 or later. There is a similar reference to May 2007 compliance with respect to receiving prescription data.

Am I looking at the wrong criteria. Are these what amount to "beta" or version 0.9 sorts of certifications?

Fulton Wilcox

Colts Neck Solutions LLC

(What appear to be the certification criteria are at

http://www.cchit.org/files/Ambulatory%20Domain/Final%20Criteria%20-%20INTEROPERABILITY%20-%20Ambulatory%20EHRs%20-%202006.pdf ).