ihc message

Subject: HHS OIS/ONC and OASIS?

Folks just continuing this thought process from our discussions before in this area.

Can someone explain the rationale that says the Office of Interoperability and Standards
(OIS), in the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) could operate without being a member of OASIS?

Assuming that we all concur that this is a less than ideal situation - who within OIS / ONC would be a stakeholder whom we could convince of the value here - and persuade to go to bat with HHS to become an OASIS member?

Thanks, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)