ihc message

Subject: Fwd: [emergency] Public Review of EDXL-HAVE v1.0--Looking forSMEs for group to develop "Emergency Medical Resource MessagingSpecification" Requirements

Fellow Committee Members in OASIS International Health Continuum
Technical Committee and
NCOR Committee on Ontology for Health Informatics:

I am forwarding the official announcement of the second 60-Day Public
Review (PR) of the Emergency Data Exchange Language Hospital
AVailability Exchange Specification 1.0 (EDXL-HAVE).

There are several considerations I will discuss in more detail in
subsequent messages that relate to the process of building standards
such as EDXL-HAVE. However, in this message I want to make just two
requests:

1- Please review EDXL-HAVE using the mechanism described below. This
specification needed a second full 60-Day PR due to the necessity of
modifications responding to issues posted against it in its first PR.
These modifications were clearly substantive in nature. In addition,
as this new version was nearing completion, the necessity for adding
a "Conformance" section was required by OASIS, resulting in another
slight delay as the issue was addressed.

Again, I will discuss in later messages some of the reasons why the
development of this version was delayed despite the fact that it had
been recommended by HITSP before it was finished. I believe these
reasons can be avoided by prudent changes in the process.

2- Please give some thought to the idea of putting together a group
of Subject Matter Experts to develop requirements and possibly a
candidate specification for an EDXL-Emergency Medical Resource
Messaging Specification. The need for this grew out of a set of
issues posted against EDXL-RM (Resource Messaging) during its initial
60-Day PR earlier this year.

Emergency Medical Resource Messaging was not considered to be within
the scope of EDXL-RM, but the need for it is clear. I think this
dovetails with the work that the IHC-TC is conducting on Health
Indicators, and would clearly benefit from the expetise of the NCOR
committee.

Thanks, and I look forward to working on these issues with you all in
the coming year.

Best Regards,
Rex