kmip-comment message

Subject: Re: [kmip-comment] how to implement and integrate kmip in databased project

Hi Gaurav,

Apologies for missing your original email last week, I did not connect that email to the GitHub issue you had filed.

The PyKMIP server is currently intended to be used for testing or demonstrations, ideally as a stand-in for a real KMIP appliance during software development. The underlying object storage is a simple SQLite flat file stored under /tmp. If that file is lost, your keys will be lost as well. If you make backups of that file, you should be ok in the short term. I would not recommend using the PyKMIP server for critical/production environments.

Long term I am interested in improving the object storage, both in terms of robustness and security. If you're interested in that work, let me know and we can start discussing details.

Cheers,
Peter Hamilton