Subject: RE: [kmip] Voting by email?

Hi -

Anything that helps us work most efficiently is certainly welcome!

Regarding the alignment proposal in particular, Matt will be sending
around two proposals -- an updated one for 32-bit alignment, and a
second for 64-bit alignement. I suggest we review those on the
reflector, return to them at least briefly in our meeting on 7-May to
ensure that all issues have been surfaced and addressed, and determine
at that point whether an email vote or live vote is most efficient for
that issue?

From: Jon Callas [mailto:jon@pgp.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 12:57 PM
To: kmip@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [kmip] Voting by email?

Would it be possible for us to do some of the voting by email? We have
reasonably short meetings and a reasonably long list of members. I
think it would speed things up for a number of votes to go by email.
Certainly we could do it for the binary alignment, where the only
controversy seems to be what the alignment point should be, and that
would leave more time for presentations and discussion on the phone
calls.

	Jon

--
Jon Callas