Subject: Groups - Sun 64-bit Binary Alignment Proposal (Sun 64-bit Binary Alignment Proposal.pdf) uploaded

Here is the proposal for 64-bit binary alignment.  Here's a brief summary
of differences as compared to the 32-bit alignment proposal:

Size of Tag/Type/Length fields:
  64-bit: 8 bytes
  32-bit: 12 bytes

Message padding:
  64-bit: padded to 8 bytes
  32-bit: padded to 4 bytes

Minimum packet size:
  16 bytes for both proposals

Please use the currently outstanding 'straw poll' ballot to let me know
whether you prefer the 32-bit or 64-bit proposal (note: you can change your
vote, if needed), and we'll discuss the favorite one at the next meeting.

 -- Matthew Ball

The document named Sun 64-bit Binary Alignment Proposal (Sun 64-bit Binary
Alignment Proposal.pdf) has been submitted by Matthew Ball to the OASIS Key
Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) TC document repository.

Document Description:
This document is a proposal to change the KMIP binary encoding so that it
is aligned to 64-bit boundaries

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=32356

Download Document: