Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - Sun 32-bit Binary Alignment Proposal,v3 (Sun 32-bit Binary Alignment Proposal.pdf) uploaded

Matt Ball wrote:
> So far, the straw poll is showing a preference for the 32-bit proposal
> (with 20% reporting).

I find that somewhat surprising, given that:

* 64-bit alignment is a reasonably foreseeable requirement sometime in
the future.

* The space penalty appears relatively small.

* It will be difficult or impossible to modify the spec for 64-bit
alignment later.

Maybe there is less agreement than I think about one or more of these
points.

	Scott

--
Scott Rotondo
Principal Engineer, Solaris Security Technologies