Subject: RE: [kmip] observers participating in OASIS mettings

On this point, it is a good idea to try to identify yourself before speaking, as this is a large group and not everyone knows everyone else yet.
Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Landon Curt Noll [mailto:chongo@cisco.com]
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 10:21 AM
To: kmip@lists.oasis-open.org

As I understand, someone who is not an OASIS member of the WG, such as an observer, is not allowed to participate in the meeting.  Thus far in each of our OASIS KMIP meetings, we have had at least once observer attempt to inject themselves into the discussion.  In fact we had a case when non-member attempted to object to a motion made by a member.  And while in some cases a member as objected, I suspect there have been times where an observer comments have gone unchallenged ...
particularly when it is sometimes very difficult to determine who is speaking.

May I suggest that after the attendance call is completed, that the Chair make an announcement that kindly reminds those present that observers are welcome to observe but may not speak during the meeting?

Also: Are there restrictions on observers participating in the KMIP mailing list forum?

chongo () /\oo/\