Subject: RE: [kmip] observers participating in OASIS mettings

> The only people who can participate in any way at a TC Meeting are
> those listed on the roster. That is, to attend as an observer, one
> must be an OASIS member and be listed on the TC Roster. In order to be
> able to speak at a meeting one must be on the roster as a Member,
> Voting Member, Chair or Secretary.

[RSP] It is the chair's responsibility to enforce this.  The reminder at
the start of the meeting is a good one, IMO (especially during these
early days).  And as was mentioned separately on this thread, it helps
if everyone identifies themselves on the call before speaking (a chair
reminder to this effect would also help :-)).

If there is any question as to whether a speaker is a member or voting
member, then the chair should interrupt and check.

> Only TC Members may post to the TC mailing list; observers are
> subscribed and receive the emails but cannot post. Observers wishing
> to provide input must use the comment facility.
[RSP] It's probably clear to most, but the Kavi system does enforce
this; it's not an honor system.