Subject: OASIS Requirements for conformance clauses

Hi Folks,

In today's meeting, we discussed conformance, and I mentioned a page with OASIS requirements for conformance clauses (OASIS Conformance Guidelines).  You can find this document here:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html

In particular, we need to meet these requirements:
  • (See clause 1): the OASIS TC Process requires that each specification contain a separate Conformance section listing the Conformance Clauses that need to be observed by implementers or users of the specification in order to claim successful use of a specification.  [Matt: This essentially means that the specification needs to have at least one 'profile']
  • (See clause 5, first paragraph): A Conformance section of a specification must contain at least one Conformance Clause.
  • (See clause 5, second paragraph): A Conformance Clause identifies that to which a Conformance Target MUST conform and this is done by reference to Normative Statements in the specification.
Cheers,
-Matt

begin:vcard
fn:Matt Ball
n:Ball;Matthew
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;Key Management
adr:;;500 El Dorado Blvd, Bldg 5;Broomfield;CO;80021;U.S.A.
email;internet:matthew.ball@sun.com
title:Staff Engineer
tel;work:303-272-7580
tel;fax:303-272-3023