Subject: capacity for supporting future crypto methods?

IANACryptanalyst... and I've not had time to read the report yet, but it
appears that there may be a new attack on AES 256. We already know that
MD5 and SHA are on the short list for replacement due to weaknesses
(hence the Hash Workshop). The below news made me wonder: is KMIP
well-positioned to handle future ciphers as well as greatly expanding
key sizes? I'm assuming it is, but imo it's probably worth a quick
analysis, just to be sure.

http://www.threatpost.com/blogs/new-attack-against-aes-256-huge-result

-ben

--
Benjamin Tomhave, MS, CISSP
falcon@secureconsulting.net

[ Random Quote: ]
"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as
impossible."
Vince Lombardi