Subject: Document uploaded for symmetric key profile

I have just uploaded a first draft of a Basic Symmetric Keyserver Conformance profile.

I took some liberties with the initial Conformance proposal, a summary of which is
1) I modified the Conformance proposal by deleting the Server and Client columns, and replacing the Required/Optional/Not Supported with just a checkmark for Required.

2) I added in the detail section that profiles may only do subsets of the enumerated types.  Doing all of them is a daunting challenge.

Then I tried to pick some reasonable items for a base server.  It doesn't support asynchronous ops, archive or restore.  It also doesn't support for Templates, as that is a bit of a nicety.
I allowed Re-key, but not DeriveKey.  And I left off key wrapping, as that is a huge source of complexity (although I did include in the Cryptographic Parameters subsets which might be training-wheels versions of such capability).

It doesn't support certificates, except in the SSL/https authentication.

I was also thinking that there would be a parallel profile for asymmetric keys and certificates.
(Volunteers, anyone?)
And then one could combine these profiles to say that your server fits both of these profiles, etc.

My thanks to the TC members who commented on earlier drafts offline, and my apologies if I didn't capture everything correctly.

Bruce A Rich
brich at-sign us dot ibm dot com