Subject: RE: [kmip] Thoughts on moving to 10-day ballots instead of 7-day

I agree.

Hyrum

From: Matthew.Ball@Sun.COM [mailto:Matthew.Ball@Sun.COM]
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 8:59 AM
To: kmip@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Folks,

Having just missed the last two ballots by less than an hour (not having had time until just now to review the proposals), I'm wondering if it makes sense to increase our standard '7-day' ballots to something like 10 days instead.  It already takes two weeks between the meeting where the ballot is approved and where the results are discussed (since we can't sneak a 7-day ballot between two consecutive meetings) so it wouldn't hurt to give a few more days than the minimum required by OASIS.  By going to 10 days, you'll still have a chance to vote even if you're on vacation for a whole week, and there are still a couple days available to start and stop the ballot before the meeting two weeks later.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Matt