Subject: Re: [kmip] Nominating Gordon Arnold as candidate for KMIP TC co-chair

On 2009-Aug-21, at 11:02, Sandy Stewart wrote:

> While I have the highest regard for Gordon, I strongly suggest that
> the new co-chair be someone outside of the original
> KMIP proposers to give a balanced view, representative of the
> overall security community.
>
> That will give us credibility

Sandy,

I am in complete agreement.  Having a co-chair (such as Subhash) who
comes form outside the original "4 horsemen" KMIP founders sends the
best message in terms of extensive involvement.  And while Gordon is
to be commended for his KMIP efforts, I would value is involvement in
KMIP as voting member instead of as a non-voting co-chair.
Therefore, like you, I believe Subhash is an appropriate person as co-
chair.

chongo (Landon Curt Noll) /\oo/\