Subject: Re: [kmip] incorporating Section 3 of KMIP Usage Guide in Section 8 ofKMIP Specificaion

I agree -- all normative text needs to be included only within the KMIP
specification.

However, as part of this exercise, we should extract only the normative
statements into the KMIP specification, and should leave the informative
statements (as much as possible) within the usage guide.  If the
informative and normative content is too tightly integrated, we may want
a regular proposal that separates them (editor's judgment call).

Cheers,
-Matt

robert.griffin@rsa.com wrote:
> Hi -
>
> We currently have the detailed discussion about using KMIP with HTTPS
> and SSL/TLS in Section 3 of the KMIP Usage Guide. However, there is a
> fair amount of normative information in that discussion. This is in
> conflict with the general approach of including all normative
> information in the KMIP Specification, restricting the KMIP Usage Guide
> to illustrative information.
>
> With this in mind, RobertH, Indra, Subash and I suggest that we take
> Section 3 of the Usage Guide and incorporate it into the corresponding
> Authentication discussion (Section 8) of the specification. Are there
> any concerns or issues with making this editorial change?
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob

begin:vcard
fn:Matt Ball
n:Ball;Matthew
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;Key Management
adr:;;500 El Dorado Blvd, Bldg 5;Broomfield;CO;80021;U.S.A.
email;internet:matthew.ball@sun.com
title:Staff Engineer
tel;work:303-272-7580
tel;fax:303-272-3023