Subject: RE: Arbitrary Text Strings for Name Spaces

Hi Scott, I also see the arbitrary nature of application name spaces as a challenge to interoperability.

I would like to see a mechanism for vendors to register the name space they are using and to publish the expected server behavior when a client asks for the server to choose the App Specific Info value.  Other information relevant to server vendors could also be included, such as whether the application expects the value to be unique within the KM, and if it will be used as a primary lookup field by the application.

Is it within the scope of our TC to create and maintain such a registry?  Or is there a more efficient way to handle this problem?

Thanks

-Alan

or disclosing it.