Subject: RE: [kmip] RE: KMIP "Statements of Use" and Tuesday 24-Nov KMIP POC call

Hi Brandon -

We'll need them when we submit the spec to OASIS membership for vote as
an OASIS standard -- at this point, likely to be 15-Feb (rather than
mid-Jan).

From: Brandon.Hoff@Emulex.Com [mailto:Brandon.Hoff@Emulex.Com]
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:50 PM
To: Griffin, Robert; kmip@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [kmip] RE: KMIP "Statements of Use" and Tuesday 24-Nov KMIP POC
call

When do you need these statements?

-----Original Message-----
From: robert.griffin@rsa.com [mailto:robert.griffin@rsa.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:59 AM
To: kmip@lists.oasis-open.org
call

Hi -

As we look towards moving from public review to OASIS standard, one of
the things we're going to need to do is provide 3 "Statements of Use"
attesting to implementation of conforming implementations of the
specification:

"Simultaneously with the approval of a Committee Specification or at a
later date, and after three Statements of Use have been presented to the
TC, a TC may resolve by Special Majority Vote to submit the Committee
Specification to the Membership of OASIS for consideration as an OASIS
Standard." (OASIS committee process, section 3.4,
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php).

Statement of Use is defined as follows (definitions section, same URL):

35. "Statement of Use", with respect to a specification, is a written
statement by an OASIS Organizational Member stating that it is
successfully using or implementing that specification in accordance with
the conformance clauses specified in Section 2.18, and stating whether
its use included the interoperation of multiple independent
implementations.

And here's an example of a Statement of Use for XSPA:

"Jericho has successfully implemented and used the Cross-Enterprise
Security and Privacy Authorization (XSPA) Profile of XACML v2.0 for
Healthcare Version 1.0 in accordance with the conformance clauses
specified therein and OASIS policy.  The implementation was successfully
used in interoperation with other independent implementations."

With that in mind, I suggested in today's call that anyone interested in
providing such a Statement of Use join the weekly KMIP POC call at 12
noon US EST on Tuesday 24-Nov. Anyone who is interested in participating
in an interop at RSA Conference in March 2010 may also want to join us
for that call.

If you have not been attending the call and would like to attend this
one, please send an email to Rene Pawlitzek at rpa@zurich.ibm.com so
that he can send you the invitation and call information.

Thanks very much!