Subject: Fw: [kmip] Profiles doc missing update from F2F

I believe this issue is still outstanding.

Bruce A Rich
brich at-sign us dot ibm dot com

----- Forwarded by Bruce Rich/Austin/IBM on 12/01/2009 10:12 PM -----
From: Bruce Rich/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
To: kmip@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 11/11/2009 12:09 PM
Subject: [kmip] Profiles doc

In looking over the public review draft of the Profiles doc, I see that Transparent Key Struct is still listed as REQUIRED, despite this approved motion during the F2F

Motion to remove 13.1.1.e (Transparent Key Struct) from the base profile

requirement (Ref to 2.1.7).
Moved by Indra, seconded by Bruce. The server does not

have to support such transparent key formats, as raw format is sufficient as a base.

No abstention/objection. Motion passes.

(See day 1 minutes at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/kmip/download.php/34581/KMI_%20f2f_Sep_28_2009.pdf)

So unless there was a later change, I think we should remove such support, perhaps in a final update at the end of public review.