Subject: KMIP Spec Editorial Comments

I've noticed the following over the last week.

1.  Cryptographic Length is not listed as required in Create but is required for Create Key Pair and Register.

2.  All non-structure message content attributes (section 6) have empty columns for Required.  I think we should list which are required and which are optional.

3.  There is a clause in section 4 related to the ID Placeholder:

"The key management server SHALL implement a temporary variable called the ID Placeholder."

Some requests in the base profile require that this variable be set, others allow the unique ID to be omitted based on the ID Placeholder being set by a previous request.  Does there need to be an explicit line in section 12 calling out ID Placeholder as required for conformance?

Thanks

-Alan
or disclosing it.