Subject: RE: [kmip] Asymmetric Key Profiles and Associated Proposed Changes to KMIP

Sean

Regarding #1 -- I missed taking out the Transparent RSA key formats from
the list -- I just posted an update with this corrected.  Transparent
RSA key formats only remain in the two Key Foundry related profiles.

Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Turner [mailto:turners@ieca.com]
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 8:50 AM
To: Furlong, Judith
Cc: kmip@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [kmip] Asymmetric Key Profiles and Associated Proposed
Changes to KMIP

Judy,

On #3 - you're right.

One #1 - I was actually suggesting replacing Transparent RSA
public/private key with Raw/PKCS1.  I can't see an entity that generates

their own key pair converting from what the defacto output is to the
KMIP format.  But, I'm not going to fall on my sword on this, as there
may be from scratch implementations do.

spt

Furlong_Judith@emc.com wrote:
> Sean
>
> I've incorporated your proposed changes in the revision of the Basic
> Asymmetric Key Profiles document that I just posted with one noted
> exception.
>
> Ref Change 3 below -- This was for the Basic Asymmetric Key Foundry
and
> Server profile where no certificates are generated.  Therefore I did
not
> add X.509 as a Key Format Type.
>
> Judy

Transparent