Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - Username and Password Credential proposal(kmip-spec-1.0-cd-08-Password-Credential.pdf) uploaded

I had originally put some rationale into the proposal, but removed it to
avoid cluttering the specification with too many non-normative
statements.  That said, I'd be happy to add some clarification as to how
the server should handle the Username and Password Credential Type that
do not include a Password.  Maybe something like this:

"The server MAY accept a Username and Password Credential that lacks a
Password if the server is configured to use the authorization of the
secure transport in place of the missing Password."

Thoughts from the group?

Cheers,
-Matt

On 3/8/2010 7:11 AM, Barker, Elaine B. wrote:
> I think that the password either needs to be required, or that rationale needs to be provided why it is not required.
>
> Elaine

begin:vcard
fn:Matt Ball
n:Ball;Matthew
org:Oracle USA, Inc.;Key Management
adr:;;500 El Dorado Blvd, Bldg 5;Broomfield;CO;80021;U.S.A.
email;internet:matthew.ball@sun.com
title:Principal Software Engineer
tel;work:303-272-7580
tel;fax:303-272-3023