Subject: request for KMIP participation in SmartGrid security discussion at OASIS Blue Connect event

hi -

We've been invited to have someone from the KMIP TC participate in a session on "Securing the SmartGrid" at the                 OASIS-sponsored two-day track at the upcoming ConnectivityWeek event – 25-27 May in Santa Clara - http://www.oasisblueconnect.com/2010/ (see below for session info).

I'm happy to speak on behalf of the TC at this event (Hal, are you going to speaking for XACML?). But if anyone else is strongly interested in being the speaker, please let Subhash and me know?

regards,

LATEST IN SECURITY & PRIVACY STANDARDS

Tuesday, 25 May / 10:30 – 12:00

SECURING THE SMART GRID

~ 60 mins

Critical steps must be taken to properly secure the information and controls that flow through the various networks within the Smart Grid.  Reducing the risk and securing trust can happen with the use of open standards. This session will review a few of the available security standards, policies, procedures, and protocols that are currently in the industry to help protect the Smart Grid.