Subject: Re: [kmip] Issue with KMIP SoUs/conformance vs. Use Cases

Disclaimer: This is just a question, and not any sort of TC Administration judgement, but:

Are the Use Cases and Usage Guide really intended to become a standard? Do they contain normative material that isn't in either the base spec or the profiles document? Isn't the Use Cases document a set of possibles, but not onlys (I think I just made up a word)? Both the Use Cases document and the Usage guide state that there are no conformance clauses associated with either. I would suggest that the UC and UG hold at the level of CS; it does not diminish their importance, and they can still be referenced by the main spec and profiles doc.

Regards,

Mary