Subject: status of OASIS vote on KMIP

hi -

as of this afternoon, we have not quite reached the minimum votes
required -- 42 yes for the spec, 45 yes for the profiles.

I've sent emails to the companies below (thanks to Hal for sending out
notes as well!) asking them to vote. If you are in one of the companies
noted as members below, please send an email to or call your rep to be
sure to have them vote! You can view the ballots at these URLs to check
who your company rep is:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=1947
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=1948

I've also included below the email that I sent out (for members, I also
included a line about the company being a member of the TC), which has
the URLs at which the reps would cast their votes.

regards,

Bob
--------------------------------
3PAR member
Acxiom
Aetna
Akamai
Avaya
Bank of America
Booz Allen
CA Technologies
CSC
Carnegie Mellon
Cisco member
Citrix
Deloitte
Enisa
Ericsson
France Telecom
Freescale member
Google
International Electronic Communication member
International Security (John Sabo)
JP Morgan Chase
Jericho
Lexmark member
Microsoft
MITRE member
NIST member
NTT
New Zealand gov
Novartis
Novell
Ping
Primekey member
Progress
Rackspace
Red Hat
Siemens
SAP
Skyworth member
Sybase
Target member
Technische Universitat Dortmun
Telecom Italia
Tricipher
Tridium
USAF warfighting
US Dept of Homeland Security
Venafi
Verisign
Voltage member
Wells Fargo
Yaana
eBay

----------------------------------
Subject: Balloting for KMIP V1.0 Specification and Profiles - please
vote!

On Thursday 17-Sep, Mary McRae initiated balloting for the KMIP V1.0
specification document and profiles document as an OASIS standard. The
KMIP TC, of which I am co-chair, views this as a very important
standard, addressing one of the most critical requirements for
establishing effective key management for cryptographic environments. We
hope that you will vote in favor of both these ballots. If you have any
questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

The ballots are available at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1947
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1948

regards,