Subject: proposal for KMIP session at the Key Management Summit

hi -

here's a first cut at a session abstract on KMIP for the Key Management Summit (in March). Please let me know of any suggestions/additions/changes? And if you are interested in delivering this session or doing it as a panel, please let me know that as well (though I am certainly happy to be the speaker).

regards,

Bob

The OASIS KMIP Standard:
Interoperability for the Cryptographic Ecosystem

The rapid expansion of concern about data privacy has dramatically increased the use of encryption  throughout the enterprise and made effective key management indispensable. This session discusses the critical role of the OASIS KMIP standard in realizing effective and interoperable key management for the cryptographic ecosystem. It focuses on the current version of KMIP, defining the use cases that KMIP can address, how those use cases are being implemented with KMIP and how interoperability is being verified. It will also introduce areas that still need to be addressed by KMIP and how the standard might evolve to address those needs.