Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - Client Registration Proposal (kmip-1.0-spec-client-reg-d.doc) uploaded

To include the device credentials that have been discussed previously into the client registration and entity proposal, i suggest we add

For V1.1 we discussed adding attributes to the existing credential object.

We should also discuss the use cases:

1) use of a proxy where the transport certificate is distinct from the device credential
2) the use of device with a shared secret - is this the password?
3) the use case of a tight binding of the transport certificate to other credential types (referred to as multi-factor)
4) when should certificate renewal change the entity?

let me know if you would like to discuss prior to the meeting on Thursday

STSM, Technical Strategy Security and Storage Software
102 Thorncliff Circle
Cary, NC 27513
(1) 919 469 5725 - office
(1) 919 605 0331 - mobile

Inactive hide details for denis.pochuev---04/27/2011 08:37:57 PM---Updated following Bruce R's comments and added Entity tag.  denis.pochuev---04/27/2011 08:37:57 PM---Updated following Bruce R's comments and added Entity tag. -- Mr. Denis Pochuev

denis.pochuev@safenet-inc.com

kmip@lists.oasis-open.org

04/27/2011 08:37 PM

[kmip] Groups - Client Registration Proposal (kmip-1.0-spec-client-reg-d.doc) uploaded

Updated following Bruce R's comments and added Entity tag.

-- Mr. Denis Pochuev

The document revision named Client Registration Proposal
(kmip-1.0-spec-client-reg-d.doc) has been submitted by Mr. Denis Pochuev to
the OASIS Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) TC document
repository.  This document is revision #2 of
kmip-spec-1.0-client-reg-B.pdf.

Document Description:

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=41961

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41961/kmip-1.0-spec-client-reg-d.doc

Revision:
This document is revision #2 of kmip-spec-1.0-client-reg-B.pdf.  The
document details page referenced above will show the complete revision
history.

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste

-OASIS Open Administration