Subject: interop, face-to-face and Innovation Sandbox at RSA Conference US, Feb 27 - March 2, San Francisco

hi -

it looks like we're getting enough folks interested in participating in an interop at RSA Conference to go ahead and start working on the details with the OASIS folks (including the cost to each of the participating companies...). The companies who've expressed interest so far include:

- Cryptosoft
- IBM
- Quintessence Labs
- RSA
- SafeNet

If you think you might be interested in participating, please let me know and i'll include you in the discussions.

Given the likelihood of an interop at the conference, it looks like that would also be a good place to do the next face-to-face. I'll start looking into what will be available for rooms, assuming that we'll again be 20-30 folks. If anyone has concerns/issues/questions about this choice of venue, please let me know or circulate them on the reflector.

 I'll also talk to the conference folks about opportunities for birds-of-a-feather or other sessions that might complement the key management panel (currently on the session alternate list).

Finally, i'd like to consider a submission to the Innovation Sandbox (https://365.rsaconference.com/community/connect/innovation-sandbox). Those are typically company submissions (and KMIP folks are certainly welcome to apply as individual companies). But i think there would be great value in having collaborative innovation showcased as well. So i'll put together some ideas and send them around, and would very much appreciate any ideas other folks have. I'll also check with the conference folks on the viability of this kind of joint submission.

Speaking of conferences, i also gave a session here at RSA Conference China on key management for the cloud, building on the session that i did at the KM Summit in the spring. I'm happy to send those slides around, and would also be happy to set up a walk through of that session and the response to it, if anyone is interested.

 thanks!