Subject: Re: [kmip] corrections to KMIP v1.1 specification

Not quite sure I agree with Judy's line numbers...seems like first "632" should be "635", the "643" should be "646" and the last "632" should be "664".

I think that the last two corrections have already been made, so there may be a version skew going on...need to make sure we're all looking at the same version ("on the same page")

Bruce A Rich
brich at-sign us dot ibm dot com

From:        <robert.griffin@rsa.com>
To:        <kmip@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        12/15/2011 08:12 AM
Subject:        [kmip] corrections to  KMIP v1.1 specification
Sent by:        <kmip@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi –

Judy has identified several corrections that need to be made in the KMIP V1.1 spec.  Rather than trying to make these changes before today’s meeting, I’ve included them below for discussion in our call.

Section 1.1 Terminology
The majority of attributes used in KMIP appear in this terminology list.  So there were recommendations in the
Cryptographic Length for Certificate Proposal and the Digital Signature Algorithm Attribute Proposal to add the Certificate Length and Digital Signature Algorithm attributes to this list.  Neither of these attributes have been added in this revision of the specification.

Section 1.2 Normative References
The Digital Signature Algorithm Proposal included a reference to RFC4055 so please add that reference into this list.  Here is the full reference:

RFC 4055, Additional Algorithms and Identifiers for RSA Cryptography for use in the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile

Section 3.13 Certificate Identifier
Line 632 -- Please add a cross reference to section 3.10 where the new X.509 Certificate Identifier attribute is described.

Section 3.14 Certificate Subject
Line 643 -- Please add a cross reference to section 3.11 where the new X.509 Certificate Subject attribute is described.

Section 3.15 Certificate Issuer
Line 632 -- Please add a cross reference to section 3.12 where the new X.509 Certificate Issuer attribute is described.

Section 11.7
Line 2017 -- The title of section needs to be fixed -- this section covers the Derive Key Errors

Section 11.10
Line 2023 -- Need to add a space in the title between 11.10 and Locate