Subject: Re: [kmip] KMIP V1.1 docs uploaded and ballot created

It looks like we have a problem with the Profiles document.  It seems that when the Digital Signature Algorithm Enumeration got inserted alphabetically into the KMIP spec as section 9.1.3.2.7 (thus shifting subsequent 9.1.3.2.x sections higher), the affected references in the Profiles document did not get adjusted.
This has numerous impacts, as anything that refers to 9.1.3.2.7 or higher has to be checked by hand.  For example, references to ObjectType should have been changed from 9.1.3.2.11 to 9.1.3.2.12, references to CryptographicAlgorithm should have been changed from 9.1.3.2.12 to 9.1.3.2.13, etc.

Less seriously, I can't figure out why the Asymmetric suites have to support RAW format for keys.  PKCS1 format is so raw that you need the context or an attribute to tell you whether it's a public key or private, so I'm really puzzled about what a RAW-formatted RSA private key would look like...and the UseCases don't show it in use for Asymmetric cases...if it's never been interop'd, perhaps it doesn't exist?

Bruce A Rich
brich at-sign us dot ibm dot com

From:        <robert.griffin@rsa.com>
To:        <kmip@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        12/17/2011 03:15 PM
Subject:        [kmip] KMIP V1.1 docs uploaded and ballot created
Sent by:        <kmip@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi –

I have uploaded the zip file containing the V1.1 documents that we are considering for Committee Drafts. The documents incorporate all outstanding editorial corrections to both the KMIP Spec and to the KMIP Profiles.

This zip contains only the pdf versions – as soon as I have the docx version of the Use Cases doc, I’ll create a zip of the doc versions and HTML versions.

Following the guidance of OASIS admin, Subhash and I have created a single ballot containing both motions voted in our 15-Dec KMIP TC meeting:

-          Promote the working drafts to Committee (Specification / Note) Drafts
-          Request OASIS admin to initiate the Public Review

All voting members should see this ballot within the next few minutes. If you believe you are a voting member and do not receive this ballot, please contact the KMIP TC co-chairs.

Thanks again to everyone for all the work in producing KMIP V1.1!