Subject: comments on KMIP spec v1.1

I tried posting these to the public review comment list, but kept getting an error message when I registered.

Kelley

Section 2.2.1, second sentence. “For X.509 certificates, its is…” -> “it is…”

Section 3, fourth sentence: seems like the “MAY” should be a “MUST”. I know this wording is copied from the previous version, but saying “MAY only have at most one instance” still seems to allow for multiple instances (to me, MAY means can, but doesn’t have to).

Section 4.24: Is CRL checking considered policy (outside of scope) or should it be included in certificate chain validation?

Section 6.2, second sentence: “The operations are defined in Sections 4and 5” needs a space after 4 and period at the end.

Section 6.10, Authentication not successful: the use of “SHOULD” doesn’t seem right here – it’s not defining a requirement

Section 9.1.3.2.14: GMAC and CTS (ciphertext stealing) are not in the block cipher mode list, but are variants of GCM and CBC. (There are actually three variants of CTS in NIST SP 800-38 A – Addendum). Is it possible to specify these modes using the existing spec?