Subject: suggested dates for F2F

Hi –

Regarding the date and location for the KMIP face-to-face, we have quite a few events in September / October that we can align with.  Since each of the events is specific in terms of date and either US or Europe location, what I propose for the straw poll regarding the face-to-face is that we list each possible date and US/Europe location, and ask all of you to indicate all those ones that you would likely be able to attend in person. My thought is to review this list in our call tomorrow, before setting up the straw poll. A couple of things to point out:

-          I included several alternatives that include one or more weekend days. In the polls for our Feb. F2F, alternatives that included a weekend day got very little support, so I’m not sure it’s worth including them.

-

-          We might consider a 3-day face-to-face, rather than just 2 days.

-          I’ve indicated those events at which Dee has suggested that an interop event might be possible, which we’ll also be discussing tomorrow.

September

7-8 (Thurs-Fri) US location (preceding NIST key management workshop 10-11 Oct in Gaithersburg MD http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/key_mgmt/].

14-15 (Fri-Sat) US location (following NIST key management workshop 10-11 Oct in Gaithersburg MD http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/key_mgmt/]. Unfortunately I have a commitment in Brussels on Sep 11-13 and can’t get to the US until late 13-Sep.

14-15 (Fri-Sat) US location [following OASIS Cloud Connect in Chicago 10-13 Sept  http://events.oasis-open.org/home/  Possible interop event]

17-18 (Mon-Tues) US location (following NIST workshop or Cloud Connect)

October

3-5 (Wed-Fri) Europe location [following London Strata conference 1-2 Oct http://strataconf.com/strataeu and preceding RSA Conference]

7-8 (Sun-Mon) Europe location [preceding RSA Conference London 9-11 Oct http://www.rsaconference.com/events/2012/europe/index.htm)

12-13 (Fri-Sat) Europe location [following RSA Conference London 9-11 Oct http://www.rsaconference.com/events/2012/europe/index.htm]

19-20 [Fri-Sat] US location [preceding Gartner Technology Symposium 21-25 Oct in Orlando FL http://www.gartner.com/technology/symposium/orlando/register.jsp]

21-22 (Sun-Mon) US location [preceding Strata and Hadoop World in NYC 232-5 Oct http://strataconf.com/stratany2012?intcmp=il-strata-stny12-st12health-top-nav]

26-27 (Fri-Sat) US location [following  Strata and Hadoop World http://strataconf.com/stratany2012?intcmp=il-strata-stny12-st12health-top-nav or Gartner Technology Symposium above]

There are a couple of events mentioned in earlier emails that I haven’t included in the list above as they are not possible for me (due to conflicting events) and I anticipate needing to be at the face-to-face for the use case discussions. However, these may be possible for the Security Showcase that Dee will discuss:

1.       OASIS International Cloud Symposium, 10-12 October, held at Microsoft facility in DC. Possible interop event

2.       CSA Congress, possible interop event

https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/events/csa-congress-2012/, 7-8 November

3.       Cloud Expo – possible interop event.

http://cloudexpo2012west.sys-con.com/, Santa Clara, 5-8 November

Also mentioned by Dee, but not possible for me:

4.      Gartner Identity Management Summit

http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/na/identity-access/register.jsp, Las Vegas, 3-5 December