Subject: submission for NIST KM workshop

Hi –

I’m thinking it would be valuable to have KMIP represented in a presentation at the NIST key management workshop, if at all possible.  I’m happy to put together a proposal for a panel session on key management interoperability in complex security environments (enterprises supporting virtualization / cloud / mobile). If you’re interested in being in such a panel session, let me know? Or if you’re already planning on submitting a KMIP –related proposal?

http://www.nist.gov/itl/csd/ct/ckm_workshop_2012.cfm

Call for Presentations
During the development of SP 800-130 (the Key Management Framework) and SP 800-152 (the Profile document), NIST identified a number of properties as particularly hard problems associated with secure Cryptographic Key Management Systems (CKMS). These problems include:

- Cryptographic
- Agility
- Scalability
- Anonymity
- Unlinkability
- Unobservability
- Usability
- Compromise recovery
- Multi-level security domains
- Negotiating and enforcing domain security policies, including a
  Policy Language for enabling negotiation and enforcement
- Interaction between domains, each with its own security policies

The second day of the workshop will focus on these and other hard problems. NIST requests the submission of abstracts for presentation about these and other problems associated with key management systems. These submissions should be no longer than two paragraphs in length and should be submitted to kmwquestions@nist.gov by August 6th.