Subject: RE: [kmip] Groups - Get Random Proposal - Marked up specification - changes only uploaded

I should also have mentioned that the Q'Labs proposal specifically addresses storage of random through two attributes of the random object: Rewind Allowed, and Window Size.

When Rewind Allowed is FALSE, the server does not permit random values to be replayed.

When Window Size is set to 0, the server is not permitted to store random values.

I would expect that server implementations would set these values to match policy.

John