Subject: proposal on deprecation

Hi –

As discussed in our last KMIP TC call, should we pass a rule such as the following regarding deprecated functionality:

Upon approval from the KMIP TC, items in the normative KMIP Specification document can be marked deprecated in any document version, but will be removed only in a major version. Similarly, conformance clauses or other normative information in the KMIP Profiles document can be deprecated in any document version, but removed only in a major version. Information in the non-normative KMIP Use Cases, KMIP Usage Guide and KMIP Test Cases documents may be removed in any document version.