Subject: Press Release to Announce Approval of KMIP 1.1 OASIS Standards

--PLEASE NOTE QUOTE DEADLINE IS MONDAY, 11 FEB--

The Consortium is in the process of drafting a press release to announce the approval of the Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) Specification 1.1 and the KMIP Profiles 1.1 as OASIS Standards. We have targeted Tuesday, 12 Feb, for distribution.

*Recognition*
While OASIS deeply appreciates the contributions of all members, only Foundational- and Sponsor-level members elect to receive promotional benefits, such as inclusion in announcements directed to the press. The subhead of the KMIP 1.1 approval press release will
highlight:

Axway, CA Technologies, CertiVox, Cryptsoft, EMC, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Oracle, Red Hat, SafeNet, Symantec, Thales e-Security, U.S. NIST, Venafi, VMware, Vormetric <OTHER SPONSORS WHO JOIN OR UPGRADE BY 11 FEB>

If you represent one of these organizations, and you do *not* wish to be included in the press release, please notify me.

If you represent a Contributor-level organization, and you wish to be recognized as a leader in the KMIP 1.1 work, please contact me immediately for information on upgrading your membership to take advantage of this promotional benefit.

If you are currently an Observer in the KMIP TC and would like to be included in the press release, please let me know.

*Quotes*
If you represent a Foundational or Sponsor-level organization participating in the KMIP TC, you may submit a quote (75-words or less) in support of this work. Please email quotes to me, including a name and title at your organization to whom the quote can be attributed, by Monday, 11 Feb.

*More information*
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201301/msg00014.html

NOTE TO PARTICIPANTS IN KMIP INTEROP AT RSA:
The KMIP 1.1 OASIS Standard Approval press release will be sent in advance of the RSA Interop and will reference that demo. Sponsor members may submit quotes for each of these press releases. Details/deadlines regarding the RSA press release will be sent to the Participants
 mailing list separately.

Regards,
Carol

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Take a Tour of OASIS
http://www.oasis-open.org/home/tour.php