Subject: RE: [kmip] Split Key proposal

Hi Bob -

Thanks! I had thought to frame the use case in terms of an admin m-of-n requirement, but using a payment example as well is a great idea. I'll put together a first cut at the use cases tomorrow and send it around.

From: kmip@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:kmip@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Lockhart, Robert
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 10:41 PM
To: Kelley Burgin; kmip@lists.oasis-open.org

While we are discussing it, the Join Key has real world use cases for payments networks where key entry devices hang on a network for direct entry into a encryption device.  This would allow us to have the entry device store the splits and the application send an identifier to the encryption hardware/software to retrieve a key from a key manager as needed.

I have some questions on create splits but I need to read the last proposal before I ask.

Bob L.

Robert A. (Bob) Lockhart
Chief Solution Architect - Key Management THALES e-Security, Inc.