Subject: Re: [kmip] suggested motion on approving the KMIP V1.1 Differences as Committee Note

Bob, please make sure to include the URL to the draft being approved in the ballot language, so that it is clear to outsiders what the TC voted on.

Thanks,

/chet

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Griffin, Robert <robert.griffin@rsa.com> wrote:

Hi –

Since the KMIP V1.1 Differences doc is non-standards track, we have the option of a very simple approach to making it a Committee Note (from the TC Process):

“Non-Standards Track Work Products may directly be approved as Committee Notes by the Technical Committees via a Full Majority vote.  Public reviews are optional for Committee Notes”.

We could do this by voice vote, but I think it probably is better to have a ballot so that voting members not in the call have a chance to participate in the ballot. So I suggest we consider something like this in today’s TC call:

“(name) moves that the co-chairs create a 10-day Full Majority Vote ballot to approve ”KMIP V1.1 Differences wd02” asa  Committee Note and request the co-chairs to submit a request for OASIS to publish this Committee Note.”

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298