Subject: one more cut at the KMIP F2F list

Hi –

For our KMIP TC face-to-face, here’s what I have regarding our various options.  Note that I’ve suggested particular dates, typically before or after a particular event.

Before I create the straw poll, I’d like to review them once more in our call tomorrow.

In addition to the various events folks sent me, I’ve also included a couple of dates in Sept and Oct when I’ll be in the Santa Clara and Boston areas and expect that I could host the F2F at the RSA facilities in these locations (or potentially at locations provided by other TC members).

There are a couple of other options in late July / early August that I didn’t include (Black Hat, Las Vegas July 27 – Aug 1; DefCon, Las Vegas Aug 1-4). I think those are likely to be a bit early in terms of results from the interop, conflict with vacation plans, etc.  But don’t hesitate to include them as “other” if you wish.

Question:  Which of the following dates/locations would work for you for our next KMIP face-to-face? Please indicate any strong preferences in your comments.

Options (please select all that are possible for you)

Aug 12-13 (Mon/Tues): preceding Usenix, August 14-16, Washington, DC https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity13

Aug 15/16 (Thurs/Fri): preceding CRYPTO 2013, Aug 18-22 in Santa Barbara CA http://www.iacr.org/conferences/crypto2013/

Aug 22/23 (Thurs/Fri) preceding VMworld - Aug 25-29 San Francisco, http://www.vmworld.com/community/conference/us (Note that following week Mon Sept 2 is Labor Day holiday in US)

Aug 26/27 (Mon/Tues): after CRYPTO 2013, Aug 18-22 in Santa Barbara CA http://www.iacr.org/conferences/crypto2013/

Sept 9-13 (Mon-Fri) 2 days during this week at RSA facility in Bedford MA (no associated event)

Sept 17/18 (Tues/Wed) at a location in California (Bay Area) (no associated event)

Sept 26/27 (Thurs/Fri) overlap/after International Cryptographic Module Conference, Sept 24-26, Gaithersburg, MD http://icmc-2013.org/wp/ (same dates as Oracle Open World)

Oct 14-18 (Mon-Fri) 2 days during this week, at RSA facility in Bedford MA (no associated event)

Oct 24/25 (Thurs/Fri) preceding RSA Conference Europe, October 29-31, Amsterdam, Netherlands http://www.rsaconference.com/events/2013/europe/index.htm

Oct 31-Nov 1 (Thurs/Fri) overlap/after RSA Conference Europe, October 29-31, Amsterdam, Netherlands http://www.rsaconference.com/events/2013/europe/index.htm

Other