Subject: RE: [kmip] Groups - cryptographic-services-usage-guide-v1.docx uploaded

> So although I understand the spirit of your comments, it does appear to be oddly specific to a single cryptographic function

I would like to see more guidance too, but with limited time, and limited patience, I’ve only contributed text for the most severe security issue – RNG Seed. Note that it is only now with the proposed RNG Seed operation that the KMIP standard actually provides a means for a Client to “take control” of a Server’s RNG. No other operation opens up a vulnerability of this severity. So, while I would like to see more guidance, I need to prioritise my criticisms and submissions, and hence I have elected to only propose text for this particular issue. I would be happy to work with others on more extensive guidance on the Server RNG, as well as the other crypto services issues that are fully documented in the TC archives.

John