Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - kmip-cs-profile-v1.0-wd01-review.doc uploaded

On 28/06/2013 12:21 PM, John Leiseboer wrote:

Only had time to review through to Section 7. I’ll try to find more time next week for the remainder of the document.

Thanks John - appreciate the clear and timely feedback - all the items related to typographic errors and some left over text from the proposal have been corrected. The CS-BC-M-6-12 example has been updated (I pasted in the wrong version) - it has the BCM of ECB as per the other examples.
The suggestions for additional test cases have been noted.

I'll wait a few days to collate more feedback and then upload a version (wd02) after that unless others indicate they would like that version available sooner.

The tests with ids containing -M- are mandatory and ids containing -O- are optional test cases as per the test case naming strategy we used for the previous round of interop test in Dec12/Jan13 - although that wasn't explicitly noted in the document (it is now). That same additional note may need to be applied to the other profile documents but that is more simple editorial changes.

Other comments about the operation behaviour were previously addressed (prior to the proposal being balloted for inclusion in the specification) and revisiting that item (yet again) in the profile feedback isn't the right context in my view; however as previously noted in the discussions on the original proposal and in the ballot and repeated here again your concerns about BCM and Padding handling overlook the fact that the Cryptographic Parameters are not immutable (they have simply never been immutable in any version of KMIP) and are also multi-instance and modifiable by the client.  See table 55 "Cryptographic Parameters Attribute Rules" at Line 607 in the wd06 version of the specification (partially reproduced below):

Modifiable by client            Yes
Deletable by client             Yes
Multiple instances permitted    Yes

Feedback at the same level of detail on the other profiles and updated test cases would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim.