Subject: RE: [kmip] KMIP Spec v1.2 wd05: Multiple Cryptographic Parameters for a Single Key

On Thursday, 4 July 2013 9:48 AM (AEST) Tim Hudson wrote:

On 4/07/2013 9:26 AM, John Leiseboer wrote:

I think I have a solution for the Multiple Cryptographic Parameters issue.

and I'm still waiting to see any response from others on the topic indicating there is support for radically changing the specification in this area.

And I’m still waiting to see any response from others on the topic indicating there is no support for clarifying the intent behind multiple crypto parameters. My count at the moment is: 1 for change, 1 for no change.

You are grossly exaggerating when you say this is a radical change. This is simply not true. Minimal change is Usage Guide text to provide guidance. I would prefer to see more change than this, but even that would not be radical by any stretch of the imagination.

How about we wait for comments from others? Can we at least agree on that?

John