Subject: Re: [kmip] KMIP Spec wd06: Process Start Date and Protect Stop Date Clarification

I agree with John that this is an area which could do with some
additional text and that SP800-57-1 makes it clear that Signature, MAC
Generation and Wrapping operations are logically considered "protect"
operations (and correspondingly Signature Verification, MAC Verification
and Unwrapping are therefore "process" operations).

Users of the KMIP specification shouldn't have to guess as to which
items are intended to be covered - the list should be noted in full in
State and Protect Stop Date and Process Start Date in my view.

I'll also add more test cases to cover off on this once it is clear
there is a consensus on this topic.

Bob/Subhash - can this topic be added to the agenda for this weeks call?

Thanks,
Tim.