Subject: Re: [kmip] More on Clarification of Cryptographic Parameters - Usage Guide

On 26/07/2013 1:23 PM, John Leiseboer wrote:
This is an important difference, and one that can be easy to miss when insufficient rigour is applied in proposing and reviewing behaviour.

I don't know about other members of the TC, but I for one find the continued inferences that I've mislead the TC and the statement above that the entire TC has exercised insufficient rigour because we happen to have a different view point both insulting and inappropriate to see in an open discussion such as this.

I admire your passion, but disagree with your entire line of reasoning and arguments on the topic, which frankly are all centred on the one issue where we fundamentally disagree about KMIP.

If you want to change what has already been balloted then you need to get support from others to do so. None has been forthcoming and that really should have made it clear that your view point (on this topic) is not shared.

Correcting your previous statements about the vote in the ballot, in reality 68% (rounding up - 19 "yes" to 9 "no") of the TC voted for the proposal (on an individual basis) and (excluding the organisation which voted both yes and no) 80% of the organisations that cast votes actually voted yes.

Tim.