Subject: Re: [kmip] requesting Special Majority ballot for KMIP TC re-charter

Hi Bob,

I meant to get this to you sooner but it has been one of those days…

Here are some notes for you on the next steps and dates:

Rechartering is covered in the TC Process at https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#rechartering

Note in particular:

- "A proposal to recharter the TC must be made by Resolution and submitted to the TC Administrator. The proposal shall follow the rules for a proposal to form a new TC as specified in section 2.2 excluding items 2(d) and 2(e)."

So your draft charter has to be like an original charter for a TC. It has to be submitted to me as a plain text email and it must include all the sections of an original charter save for (2)(d) co-proposers and (2)(e) primary rep statements of support. So you will need to provide the other sections of the charter as well. Convener - yes and also a statement of the time and date of the first meeting - on that see the next paragraph.

Unfortunately, the meeting date you would like to make won't work. After the revised ballot passes, I send out the revised charter in a call for participation in the rechartered TC. The same time frames apply from the call to the first meeting so, for a face-to-face, the meeting must be no sooner than 45 days from when I send it out - or 30 days if it is a teleconference. This is because, since the scope is changing, people need the opportunity review their IPR commitments again.

So if we figure that I start the ballot next Wednesday 8/28, then it closes 9/4. If I then get the call for participation out on 9/5, the earliest date for the first meeting under the revised charter is 10/20/13 for a face-to-face or 10/5/13 for a conference call. To be on the safe side, I would add a few extra days in case of some kind of hangup.

So far as the KMIP errata are concerned, no problem there. I believe we'll have them up by the end of next week or early the week after.

So, to sum up next steps:

- The motion you made is fine, I'll work from that

- Please send me the revised charter including all sections of a charter as laid out in the TC Process save for (2)(d) and (2)(e). Send it as a plain text email. I will also use the red-line PDF so that people can see what has changed with the ballot.

- I will then get the ballot started asap.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Best,

/chet