Subject: Problem with the approval for the KMIP Profiles

Members of the KMIP TC,

I have started work on https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-1616, Committee Spec Draft for Key Management Interoperability Protocol Profiles Version
1.2. Unfortunately, in reviewing the ticket, the approval motion isn't adequate for me to accept.

As you know, the motion to approve a working draft is required to include the work’s title and the link to the working draft in Kavi so that it is unambiguous to those of us outside the TC what artifact the TC voted to approve. The motion I find in the minutes of the Jan 30th meeting merely says:

Tim Moves to add base document for KMIP Profiles to CSD and subsequent public review Bruce Seconds
No Objections
No Abstentions
Approved

There is no way for any of us outside the active members of the TC to satisfy ourselves as to what you actually approved.

Please reapprove the working draft and send me a link to the minutes with the approval motion and vote. Language like:

“I move that the TC approve Key Management Interoperability Protocol Profiles Version 1.2 WD02 and all associated artifacts packaged together in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/kmip/download.php/49689/kmip-profiles-v1.2-wd02.doc as a Committee Specification Draft and designate the editable source version of the document as authoritative.”

will satisfy the requirement just fine.

I’ll hold the ticket open and pick it back up when I get the new minutes and then take it back up.

Thanks for your cooperation.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298